Monday, December 8, 2014

12/8 My Week in Review

Last week was a....difficult week. It was the third week of my 7 Day plan and thank goodness. I was feeling the frustration of being locked into certain exercises and not having time to expand into other exercises. Time is not really an issue any longer as I  lost my job on Monday.
Even though I had more time, I was so overwhelmed that whenever I pulled up my blog to write, I couldn't sort out anything to say. Plus, I had been doing the same thing for three weeks. How much could I say about it?
I spent the week on the computer: looking at job sites, looking up career change information, doing tests to see what careers would fit my personality, thinking about college until my eyes crossed. Another reason my blog didn't get written. Today I went for my first long (my personal 5k route) run in weeks and it felt sooooo good.


I let it all swirl around in my head and this is what I think I learned this week:
   take the time to put in contacts in this weather. The metal of the glasses bites into my nose and eventually the glass fogs up and doesn't clear
  I would like to pick a career  path where I get to help people, not sell them "stuff"
  I'm a bit of an introvert (according to Jung--I think he could be right)
  Run on the white snow edges, it's safer than the ice and makes fun "crunchy" noises!
  I'm going back to school (how scary is that). I can go get a degree and still have 25 or more years to work
  There is always a silver lining. Sometimes a dark pewter lining, and you have to shine it up a bit, but it's there

I have always been a floater. When I ran out of money for college I simply shrugged my shoulders and went to work. I don't mind work, I've done a lot of rather arduous jobs. But now I think I'm going to make a plan, and pick work that satisfies me. We will see how that goes.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment